The STCW – Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats (FRB) training is designed for anyone working as a crew member of a fast rescue boat aboard a ship.
Fast Rescue Boats (FRB) are usually used in man overboard situations (MOB situations) or when coming to the aid of other vessels in trouble.
Those who have successfully completed fast rescue boat training are able to safely launch, embark and steer Fast Rescue Boats in all weather and sea conditions as well as be able to apply proper use of communications and emergency equipment and perform search patterns.
This course is intended for anyone designated to act as a skipper or crew member of a Fast Rescue Boat.
Conditions for participation
De cursist dient in het bezit te zijn van:
- valid Basic Safety Training certificate
- Valid certificate Proficiency in survival crafts other than fast rescue boats
- een geldige geneeskundige verklaring voor de zeescheepvaart
- good health and physically able to participate in the practical exercises (confined spaces and heat exposure, swimming)
- theory of the compass
- preparing for departure, launching and retrieving the vessel
- effects on the vessel from wind and sea
- take over, transfer and rescue of persons
- electronic navigation devices
- rescue of victims in water
- personal equipment
- communication tools
- trouble shooting
- maneuvering on flat and still water
- Sailing on open water in occurring conditions
- search patterns
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive the certificate:
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats, STCW reg. VI/2-2, Section A-VI/2, Table A VI/2-2
Number of students
Maximum of 3 participants
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
DRTC Vlissingen Safety Center Zeeland
We can also conduct this course at your shipyard!