The STCW – Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to raise awareness and understanding of the calamities and emergencies that can occur on board a ship and how to take action on them.
STCW – BST training meets the basic training requirements for all personnel planning to go to sea on merchant and/or fishing vessels.
The training complies with regulation VI/1, paragraph 1 and section A-VI/1, paragraph 2.1 of the STCW Convention and the STCW Code of 1978, as amended.
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to perform life-saving actions for ship abandonment, firefighting on board and survival at sea.
Intended for anyone working on board ships covered by the STCW regime and the Seafarers Act.
Conditions of participation.
Minimum age: 17 years and 9 months
De cursist dient in het bezit te zijn van:
- een geldige geneeskundige verklaring voor de zeescheepvaart
- good health and physically able to participate in practical exercises (use of breathing apparatus, confined spaces and heat exposure, swimming)
The course consists of four parts (both theory and practical), namely:
- personal survival techniques at sea
- fire prevention and firefighting
- life-saving and safe working
- personal safety and social responsibility
4.5 consecutive working days
Upon successful completion of the Basic Safety Training course, the student will receive the certificate:
- Proficiency in Basic Training, STCW reg. VI/1, Section A-VI/1-2, Table A VI/1-1, 1-2, 1-3 and 1-4
Number of students
Minimaal 6, maximaal 12 deelnemers
08.30 – 17.00 (every day)
Possibility of subsequent course:
It is possible to take one of the following courses consecutively:
- Security Awareness or
- Module Fisheries
Upon successful completion of the Security Awareness course, the student will receive the certificate:
- Proficiency in Security Awareness, STCW reg. VI/6, section A-VI/6, Table A-VI/6-1
Upon successful completion of the Fisheries module, the student will receive the certificate:
- Proficiency in Basic Training Fishing Vessels, STCW reg. VI/1, Section A-VI/1 par. 2 & STCW-F reg. III/1, items 1-6
Number of trainees
Minimum 6, maximum 12 participants