The STCW – Resfresher Fast Rescue Refresher training is designed for anyone working as a crew member of a fast rescue boat aboard a ship.
Fast Rescue Boats (FRB) are usually used in man overboard situations (MOB situations) or when coming to the aid of other vessels in trouble.
Those who have successfully completed the training are able to safely launch, embark and steer fast rescue boats in all weather and sea conditions as well as be able to apply proper use of communications and emergency equipment and perform search patterns.
This course is intended for anyone designated to act as a skipper or crew member of a fast rescue boat.
Conditions for participation
De cursist dient in het bezit te zijn van:
- the relevant, valid basic or refresher certificates and a valid sailing license
- een geldige geneeskundige verklaring voor de zeescheepvaart
- good health and physically able to participate in hands-on exercises
Below is the brief course content, emphasizing practical skills:
- preparing, embarking and launching fast rescue boat
- use of proper communication and emergency equipment
- maneuvering and search patterns
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats Refresher, STCW reg. VI/2-2, Section A VI/2, Table A VI/2-2
Number of students
Maximum of 3 participants
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
We can also conduct this course at your shipyard!
The price per student for the current calendar year is € 725, excluding VAT, including lunch/coffee/tea