STCW Combi Refresher BST (Basic Safety Training) – AFF (Advanced Fire Fighting) training.
Since the Manila Amendments 2010 came into effect, the Basic Training, Advanced Fire Fighting & Proficiency in Survival Craft and Fast Rescue courses are subject to a refresher requirement.
With DRTC’s STCW combi Refresher BST – AFF training, you meet this refresher requirement.
Those who have successfully completed the training have knowledge and skills in dealing with personal safety and social responsibility, personal survival at sea and basic first aid, basic and advanced firefighting on board ships.
Intended for anyone working on board ships covered by the STCW regime and the Seafarers Act.
Conditions for participation
De cursist dient in het bezit te zijn van:
- the relevant, valid basic or refresher certificates and a valid sailing license
- een geldige geneeskundige verklaring voor de zeescheepvaart
- good health and physically able to participate in practical exercises (use of breathing apparatus, confined spaces and heat exposure, swimming)
Below is the brief course content, emphasizing practical skills:
- survival at sea and life-saving operations
- fire prevention and fire fighting; use of breathing air and organizing fire fighting
- firefighting operations
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Basic Training Refresher, STCW reg.VI/1, Section A-VI/1 par. 2
Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher, STCW reg. VI/3, Section A-VI/3
Number of students
Minimum 8, maximum 12 participants
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
The price per student for the current calendar year is €1,149, excluding VAT, including lunch/coffee/tea