STCW Combi Refresher BST (Basic Safety Training) – AFF (Advanced Fire Fighting) – PSCRB – Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
Since the Manila Amendments 2010 came into effect, the Basic Training, Advanced Fire Fighting, Proficiency in Survival Craft and Fast Rescue courses are subject to a refresher requirement.
DRTC’s STCW combi Refresher BST – AFF – PSCRB fulfills this refresher requirement.
Those who have successfully completed the STCW Refresher BST – AFF – PSCRB training have knowledge and skills in handling basic and advanced firefighting, personal safety and social responsibility, personal survival at sea and basic first aid aboard ships as well as launching and staying in lifeboats.
Intended for anyone working on board ships covered by the STCW regime and the Seafarers Act.
Conditions for participation
De cursist dient in het bezit te zijn van:
- the relevant, valid basic or refresher certificates and a valid sailing license
- een geldige geneeskundige verklaring voor de zeescheepvaart
- good health and physically able to participate in practical exercises (use of breathing apparatus, confined spaces and heat exposure)
Below is the brief course content, emphasizing practical skills:
- survival at sea and life-saving operations
- preparation, embarkation and launching of rescue vessels
- fire prevention and fire fighting; use of breathing air and organizing fire fighting
- firefighting operations
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will receive the certificate:
Proficiency in Basic Safety Training (BST) Refresher, STCW reg.VI/1, Section A-VI/1 par. 2
Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) Refresher, STCW reg. VI/3, Section A-VI/3
Proficiency in Survival Craft Refresher (PSCRB), STCW reg. VI/2-1, Section A VI/2 Table A VI/2-1
4 consecutive days
Number of trainees
Minimum 8, maximum 12 participants
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Recognition by the Dutch government (Inspectorate for Environment and Transport), the competent authorities of Belgium (EU) and Marshall Islands.
The price per student for the current calendar year is €1,459, excluding VAT, including lunch/coffee/tea