NOGEPA 2.8B Refresher Course Leader Fire-fighting & Rescue Team Offshore</wpcode></wpcode><wpcode wptype=
Course Type: Emergency Training (Specialist)
Individuals assigned to lead a fire-fighting and rescue team on an offshore mining installation.
Train the participant in leading a fire-fighting and rescue team in emergency situations.
- The role of the leader of the fire-fighting and rescue team;
- Delegate tasks to team members of the fire-fighting and rescue team;
- Review and evaluate team performance;
- Indoor fire-fighting and rescue;
- Plant fire-fighting and rescue;
- Helicopter fire-fighting;
- Rescue crew and passengers from a burning helicopter;
- Fire suppression of containers on an open deck;
- Fire suppression of pressure valves;
- Incident with heavy loads;
- Incident with chemicals;
- Organizing exercises;
- Thorough knowledge of fire-resistant structures in relation to mine installations;
- Thorough knowledge of equipment and supplies maintenance requirements;
- Thorough knowledge of firefighting equipment;
- Thorough knowledge of fixed extinguishing systems;
- Thorough knowledge of detection systems;
- Maintain adequate communication.
Efficient execution of all techniques mentioned in the learning objectives.
Prerequisites for practical exercises:
- A fire-fighting and rescue team must consist of at least 5 people, including the leader.
- There must be 2 instructors per group and a maximum of 6 participants per instructor.
Duration of the course:
Basic course: 2 days
Refresher course: 1½ days
Prerequisites for participation in the basic course:
The participant must hold a valid registration in the Personal Safety Logbook of the “Member Fire-fighting and Rescue team Offshore Course” (2.6a) and have a minimum of 1 year experience in an offshore fire-fighting and rescue team.
Note: Participants with a valid 2.6a/b certificate who are not fit to use respirators for medical reasons may be enrolled in the 2.8a training.
Prerequisites for participation in the refresher course:
The participant must hold a valid registration in the Personal Safety Logbook of the “Leader Fire-fighting and Rescue team Offshore Course” (2.8a).
Note: Participants with a valid 2.8a certificate who are not fit to use respirators for medical reasons may be enrolled in the 2.8b refresher training.
Combined refresher course:
To take advantage of team effort, refresher training for both Fire-fighting and Rescue Team Leader 2.8b, and Fire-fighting and Rescue Team Member 2.6b is allowed at the same time.
The conditions are:
- There should be a mix of 75% team members and 25% leaders in a combined refresher course.
- Each participant’s learning objectives and time allocation must be maintained.