The course is intended for the Company Security Officer (CSO)
Develop, maintain and oversee the implementation of the Ship Security Plan.
Identifying risks, threats and analyzing.
Periodically inspecting the ships involved and ensuring the necessary security measures.
Motivating and encouraging safety awareness.
Persons charged with implementing the ISPS within their shipping company as the Company Security Officer .
Prerequisite(s) for participation
Recommended: knowledge of quality systems
- The threat to shipping
- Terrorist weapons and possible weapons
- Measures to prevent the boarding of stowaways
- Measures to prevent piracy
- Knowledge of the ISPS Code and Chapter XI of the SOLAS
- Legislation in force in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.
- Responsibilities of government, flag state government and certifying agencies
The course concludes with a test. If one completes the test with a pass, one obtains the Company Security Officer certificate and the Ship Security Officer certificate
2 consecutive working days
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.